Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My new camera

I bought my first digital camera, a Nikon S3300 point-and-shoot, on eBay about two weeks ago and I'm learning how to use it. It's been almost 40 years since I spent any time taking pictures and to say that photography has changed is a stunning understatement. The instant gratification of a digital camera vs. film may be the biggest change. Here's a picture I took on the subway this morning, cropped a bit, but otherwise unmanipulated.
Lexington Avenue line, Wednesday morning
Some of the pictures don't look that sharp, but if they are good enough for a blog post, I'll be satisfied.

2 comments:

David Ocker said...

Do you think the woman in the orange spectators was taking your picture at the same time?

Addison said...

It's possible she was. If she posts it on Facebook, maybe I'll get a notice that I was tagged. I think Facebook has that capability but they may not have made it available.